Most realtors will say that there is nothing more appealing to potential home buyers than natural wood kitchen cabinets because they bring a sense of beauty and warmth into any kitchen. There are many other attributes of wooden kitchen cabinets.
1. Natural wood cabinets fit any kitchen style. You’ll find certain practices regarding the woods and finishes mostly found in a variety of kitchen looks, plus traditions about cabinet door types. For instance, a darker timber like ebony, mahogany or cherry is most appropriate in a classic, country or eclectic style kitchen. It would rarely be used in present day styles.
2. Wood cabinets are strong and durable. Wood base cabinets will conveniently support any counter top material, such as stone (granite, slate, marble, or concrete), and they hold up well under substantial use, in addition to steam and heat. Most small blemishes, dents or scuff marks can be easily mended. With time, wood can be re-finished, repaired, cleaned and even, painted or stained.
3. Wood made cabinets are clearly considerably better than any material that’s MDF or veneered. Cabinets which are created using glue have to be very carefully maintained just because the glue can be worn out by the moisture as time goes by and the laminate or veneer will begin to curl or peel. Wood does not curl or peel.
4. Wood kitchen cabinets can be bought in a wide range of wood selections and stains, allowing a homeowner to pick the color and wood that best complement the design and décor of their home. Assorted woods can be finished in a variety of ways to make a distinctive patina.
5. Wood cabinets are safe. Unlike metal cabinets, you’ll find nothing in wood cabinets that can chemically alter the food stored in them.
6. Wood kitchen cabinets will never go out of fashion. Because of this, their beauty and warmth improve the physical appearance and worth of a house when it is time for you to sell.
Being aware of these points, you now have a better understanding regarding why folks choose hardwood kitchen cabinets instead of any other kind.